The sleeve weight loss, the Gastric Sleeve Surgery is a new procedure that induces weight loss through the restriction of the entry of food. With this procedure, approximately 60 percent of the stomach is removed through the laparoscopic procedure, thus, the stomach takes the form of a “tube or sleeve.”
Diet Instructions When The Sleeve Weight Loss
For your convenience, we group the Diet Instructions When The Sleeve Weight Loss on the labels: gastric sleeve weight loss after 2 months gastric sleeve weight loss australia gastric sleeve weight loss without exercise - the sleeve for weight loss reviews gastric sleeve surgery weight loss chart gastric sleeve weight loss time frame gastric sleeve weight loss first 6 months gastric sleeve weight loss first two weeks gastric sleeve weight loss australia gastric sleeve weight loss at 3 months . and
This procedure is usually performed in super-obese or high-risk patients or with the intention to perform some other surgery later. This surgery can also be performed in regular patients, that is, in those patients who have a (BMI of 35+) or more. This surgery represents a lower risk, than the Bypass RNY but is having similar results. The Gastric Bypass can be performed as a second procedure if necessary in superobese patients who want to reach their ideal weight.
This procedure has a great risk reduction in weight loss surgeries, for this specific group of patients, (super-obese) even when the risk of two surgeries is added.
Most patients can expect the loss of 30% to 50% of the weight exceeded in their body in a period of 6 to 12 months, only with gastric sleeve surgery. Most patients (not super-obese) may not need the second procedure that helps them achieve ideal weight. The time of the second procedure may vary according to the degree of weight loss, typically 6 to 18 months after the first surgery.
How the surgery
is performed It is a procedure that consists of sectioning 60% of the stomach of the patient decreasing the capacity of the same. Using linear staplers that shoot three lines of staples on each side ensuring a waterproof seal. having to remember that obese patients have to fill their stomachs to create the stimulus or message that allows knowing that enough food has been consumed.
When cutting the 2 thirds of the stomach, the patient will have the sensation of satiety, with little food. Bringing as a consequence the reduction of the weight during 12 or 18 months. And if after that period of time the patient has reduced his weight considerably but not enough, he can return to the operating room and complete the gastric bypass with better health conditions and able to withstand a longer period in the room of operation.
On the other hand, if the patient has lost enough weight and is close to his ideal weight, then no procedure will be added to the patient. And in that case, this procedure will compete with the gastric band, in the sense that it is a purely restrictive procedure but without foreign bodies, without calibrations and without control by the surgeon.
Not only works as a restrictive mechanism, since in this surgery the appetite-regulating hormone “Ghrelin” is markedly decreased, causing the patient not to have as much appetite.
The advantages of this surgery are:
What is done through a laparoscopic procedure, does not alter stomach physiology and is a procedure that can be carried out in patients who have a BMI of 35 or a BMI of 30 to 35?
The patient can eat everything but in small quantities and without the sensation of choking since there is no anastomosis (joints) with only the natural sphincters.
It is done through the Laparoscopy process
It does not require disconnecting and reconnecting.
There is no type of rapid emptying because the pylorus is preserved.
Minimizes the formation of ulcers.
Avoid intestinal obstruction, anemia, osteoporosis, lack of protein.
It is an operation that requires two days of hospitalization and in 5 to 7 days you can reincorporate to your normal life.
The patient can leave the hospital as soon as they are a couple of days after the surgery. This is usually on the third postoperative day. the drain tube may be removed by then as well.
The patient will have to be on a liquid diet for 1 week, on a semi-liquid diet for another week, followed by a diet of pure for 3 weeks. If there is no problem, the patient can progress to a regular diet.
Sweets, alcohol and carbonated drinks will have to be avoided. The patient will be able to exercise from the second week after the surgery.
You have to know that any surgery can have complications, and this is a major surgery. The specific complications will be discussed with you, in person. And it is possible that death occurs as a result of the surgery.
You have to carefully assess the benefits against the risks of this surgery. And you also have to consider any other alternative you have to lose weight. You also have to consider if you are a viable candidate for band surgery.
Usually, if you are 45 kilos or more overweight, or if you can not lose weight and keep it in any way. If you do not have surgery, you will probably continue gaining weight and creating other complications from obesity, which could seriously affect your health and actually shorten your life expectancy. The decision to undergo surgery cannot be taken lightly because it will be a permanent and lifelong change. The changes that surgery can produce in your life are generally positive, but you have to consider all the implications that it requires.
Manga Gastric surgery is not for you, if:
- – You have the inflammatory disease or some condition of the gastrointestinal tract, such as ulcers, severe esophagitis or Crohn’s disease.
- – You have severe heart problems or lung disease that makes you a non-viable candidate for surgery.
- – You have some other diseases that make you a non-viable candidate for surgery.
- – What would also include esophagitis or gastric varices (dilated veins) And also some congenital disease, or telangiectasia (dilatation of a small vein in the intestines)?
- – Your esophagus, stomach or intestines are not normal (congenital or acquired). You have an injury caused by some surgery or caused by some gastric surgery, such as a perforation near the location of the band or in the stomach.
- – You have liver cirrhosis.
- – You have Chronic Pancreatitis.
- You are pregnant (If you get pregnant after the Lap-Band® procedure, the band can be deflated according to the patient’s personal conditions.) The same happens if you need more nutrients for some reason, such as a serious illness, on a few occasions it will be necessary to remove the band.
- – Is addicted to alcohol or drugs.
- – You are under 15 years of age.
- – You have had an infection in any part of your body that could contaminate the area of the surgery.
- – You have been on a chronic long steroid treatment. · You can not or do not want to follow the rules of the diet that originates this procedure.
- · You are allergic to any of the materials used in this procedure.
- – You can not tolerate the pain caused by an implant.
- – You or someone in your family suffers from a disease in the connective autoimmune system. It can be a disease such as systemic lupus erythematosus or scleroderma. The same if you have symptoms of one of those diseases.
of postoperative complications ranges from 3-5%. This includes infections, pneumonia or bleeding. Patients with severe overweight are at a higher risk of having a complication. The risk of mortality is, according to the literature, 0.3%.
It is also possible to gain weight again after some time because high-calorie snacks or food can affect the effectiveness of the band. The big goal is to make radical changes in lifestyle after submitting to any of the weight loss surgeries. You will have to learn to have five meals a day and not snacks between them. Also, you should abandon high-calorie drinks such as coca cola, ice tea or any type of soft drink.
Patients with “sweet tooth” will not be suitable for the Lap-Band® System and knows that the best procedure for them is Gastric Sleeve Surgery or RNY Bypass surgery. Being the best options for them. If you eat too many sweet foods, you will prefer to perform one of the two Bypass surgeries. Also if you frequently drink shakes or other high-calorie liquids.
Following these 6 rules is very important in eating habits
- Eat only small amounts: The capacity of the stomach will have changed. Also, the amount of food you eat has to change. It is not always easy to eat at the right time. What does this mean, if we say, small candidates? For example a slice of bread for breakfast or 2 small pieces of potato or a small piece of fish for food.
- Chew well and pass food only completely chewed: You need more time to chew food well and even that food that is not easy to chew well. The “inadequate food” list will show you the products that are usually not easy to chew.
- Never eat and drink at the same time: The reduction of the capacity of the stomach will not allow more to take both at the same time: Liquids and Food. The usual amount of drinking is 2 to 3 liters per day, it is better to drink before or after the meal.
- Do not rest or rest after eating: Because in the horizontal position it could cause reflux. The food also stays for longer and leads to an uncomfortable accumulation of mucus.
- Eat 5 times a day: This is important because if you only eat 2-3 times a day, it will not be possible to have a large variety of food. Consequently, you can eat only small amounts, and you will not have enough protein, minerals, and vitamins. In addition, when you eat 5 times a day, sudden attacks of hunger are less likely to overwhelm you and forget about new eating habits.
- Beware of calorie-rich beverages: In our experience, many people drink a lot of calories through beverages such as soft drinks, hot chocolate, and milkshakes. This is possible after the operation, so consider this before taking high-calorie fluids. The type of liquid will have to be varied and include tea or coffee, diluted fruit or vegetable juice, light drinks with artificial sugar, mineral water without gas.
Of the thousands of images on the Internet related to Diet Instructions When The Sleeve Weight Loss, we've picked out the best for you, including The place that provides the sleeve weight loss surgery and hair loss , List of the sleeve weight loss surgery qualifications , What is the sleeve weight loss surgery side effects , Place the sleeve weight loss surgery is this method safe , What is the sleeve weight loss surgery cost and many more.