Weight loss programs for women over 50, when women come to this life cycle full of changes, several questions arise; among them, those that have to do with the hormonal changes typical of menopause: we notice how our body (and our figure) changes, fat is gained in various areas of the body and it becomes more difficult to get rid of the extra kilos.
Weight Loss Programs For Women Over 50 is it Possible?
For your convenience, we group the Weight Loss Programs For Women Over 50 is it Possible? on the labels: best weight loss program for 50 year old woman weight loss programs for women over 50 simple what is best weight loss programs for women over 50 - weight loss program for 50 year old man weight loss programs for women over 50 near me how weight loss programs for women over 50 that work weight loss programs for women over 50 simple best weight loss program for 50 year old woman weight loss programs for women over 50 near me what weight loss programs for women over 50 . and
Therefore, coinciding with the World Menopause Day, the health experts of Forum Mujer y Menopause, which, as every year, organize an informative congress around this vital period of women, give us the answers to take a diet adequate and remove the overweight.
Why do you get fat during menopause?
The increase in weight during menopause is due to hormonal changes that cause the fat to settle, especially in the abdominal area, where stores of estrone, a very weak estrogen, are stored. This fat is necessary to metabolize and protects women by compensating the loss of estradiol production at this stage.
Therefore, a small amount of fat in this area is normal and inevitable. However, large deposits of fat in the abdominal area can harm a woman’s health; since it represents a higher cardiovascular risk and diabetes and other alterations such as hypertension, high cholesterol …
A healthy diet and physical exercise will be our best allies to limit the accumulation of fat in this area. Take note!
Do not skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. The body needs foods such as cereals, dairy, vegetables, fruit or meats, and oils in the early hours of the day for better performance.
- – Make smaller and more frequent meals. Eating 5 to six times a day helps activate the metabolism.
- – Take more fruit! Fruit with high potassium content (to regulate the retention of liquids): melon, banana, citrus, apricots, figs, blueberries or apples. It has been shown that the properties of the apple, basically linked to the high content of polyphenols, are mainly related to the reduction of the risk of chronic diseases and to the control of the metabolic disorders that generate them, such as, for example, cholesterol, overweight, anomalies in the metabolism and alteration of the oxidative balance.
- – Do not forget the vegetables either. Eat vegetables with starch infrequently: potatoes, corn, peas (they have a high glycemic index). Very often: sweet potatoes, green leafy vegetables, Swiss chard, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, peppers, tomatoes.
- – The legumes, with moderation and combined with seaweed (Nori / Wakami / Kombu / Arame …).
- – Reduce fat in your diet. Avoid, above all, animal fats and saturated fats and opt for vegetable fats (the so-called ‘good fats’).
- – Includes about 20-30 grams of protein in the main meals. This speeds up the metabolism.
- – Eat fish 2-3 times a week. Fats from fish are healthy. Bluefish is rich in Omega 3 essential fats: salmon, turbot, swordfish, tuna, sardines, anchovies.
- – Includes vegetable proteins rich in phytosterols such as tofu, tempeh, or soy.
Foods with soy: green soy, soy milk, soy yogurt, tofu. For example, 2 glasses of soy milk a day improves hot flashes and irritability in the menopausal transition (more than a soy supplement).
- – Eggs, in moderation, are healthy.
- – Reduce the intake of red meat and take it without fat. Better white meat, seafood, and fish.
- – Fiber. Essential for intestinal transit and to avoid constipation. You can find it in green leafy vegetables, legumes and wholemeal bread, oats, whole barley, flax seeds, wheat germ. Eating three tablespoons of whole-grain oatmeal a day (with yogurt, for example, or in a soup) is an excellent habit to protect the heart and reduce blood cholesterol levels. It is an excellent source of fiber and iron and contributes to a feeling of fullness between meals.
- – Dairy products. In this stage, we will especially choose skim milk products. Remember that they are a good source of calcium, an important mineral for the maintenance of bone mass, which at this stage enters a critical phase. Choose those preferably low in lactose, such as yogurt, kefir and other fermented milk. Fermented milk products have many advantages; In addition to reducing the amount of lactose, improve their digestibility and contribute to the good condition of our flora. Other foods rich in calcium: sesame seeds and almonds. It is recommended to the season with sesame in all its variants, tahini for its contribution of calcium and phosphorus will help to keep the mind lucid and strong.
- – Vitamin D. Milk and fortified cereals, salmon, mushrooms … Taking the sun in moderation also causes our body to produce vitamin D.
- – Take an infusion a day Rooibos type, Valerian, Salvia … They are relaxing and powerful antioxidants and can loosen hot flashes.
- – Reduce sugars and simple carbohydrates to the maximum in the diet. Eliminate processed foods Reduces salt (sodium) in the diet; since it stimulates the appetite.
- – When cooking … Use virgin or extra virgin olive oil, canola oil or flaxseed oil. It is preferable to cook steamed, grilled, or in the oven, and avoid frying. To sweeten, use stevia (a natural sweetener based on plants); instead of sugar.
- – Use spices and herbs to prepare your meals. Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon or mango will help us avoid inflammation, dizziness, tiredness, and apathy.
- – Eat nuts, almonds, pistachios, cashews, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. They are rich in omegas and satisfy hunger between meals.
- – Physical exercise is an essential part of any weight loss plan or a healthy diet. All women should spend about 150 minutes a week practicing moderate aerobic exercise, divided into periods of about 20 minutes. In addition, two sessions of muscle strengthening exercise are essential to increase muscle mass and metabolism.
- – Alcoholic drinks in moderation. Do not beat a glass of wine a day. The red contains resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory and provides benefits on blood cholesterol levels.
Of the thousands of images on the Internet related to Weight Loss Programs For Women Over 50 is it Possible?, we've picked out the best for you, including Best weight loss programs for over 50 that work , How to weight loss exercise program for over 50 , Best weight loss programs for 50 year olds , Weight loss programs for over 50 before and after , Weight loss programs for women over 50 pictures and many more.